From:
Robin Moorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:10:07 EST

Sorry for the lengthy delay in posting, January is a very busy month.  After
getting the response from Campbells Soup regarding GF status of Chicken and
Rice Condensed soup, and the Bean w/ Bacon, I decided to email them again and
ask why the Bean w/ Bacon was considered to be NOT GF, and exactly where was
the modified food starch in the Chicken with Rice derived from.  This is
their response:

flavoring ( of the Bean w/ Bacon)  may cause the soup to not be gluten-free.
The modified food starch in the Chicken with Rice soup is derived from either
potato or corn.  Lastly, you will be receiving a gluten-free list in the mail
within 10-14 business days.

Thank you for visiting the Campbells Soup website.

Campbell Soup Web Team

Also I would like to thank everyone who responded w/ suggestions and comments
regarding Campbells Soup products.  Here is a summary of some of the

One person said she has been eating Chicken and Rice for 2 yrs w/ no
problems, and it is the only canned soup she can eat.

A few people recommended Campbell's "Select" Tomato w/ Basil and Oregano, the
Fiesta Tomato, and the Savory Lentil.

Others recommeded Progresso Chicken and Rice w/ Vegetables (which by the way
I have tried, and they are great, and appear to be GF according to the
label), but please note I did get a response from someone who had contacted
Progresso Soup, and they basically do not guarantee any of them to be GF.
They said that the ingredients on the label would determine the GF status.
Scary, but I appear to have no problem with it.

Another person suggested I visit www.cornfree.com/Foodlist/fd-soup.html, for
GF Soups.

And lastly, also suggested were Health Valley brand soups, and also Amy's.
Never heard of either of them, but will look in my local store and health
food store next time I make a trip.  Again, thank you all SO MUCH!!!  Remeber
to read those labels, ingredients may change at any time!!!