From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:59:44 -0600

I want to let you know that , Gluten-Free Living newsletter has an
article entitled "A Dietitian's Look at Eating Well with Celiac
Disease and Type 1 Diabetes," by Cynthia Kupper, C.R.D., C.D.E, and CEO
of the Gluten Intolerance Group. The new January/February 1999 issue may
be ordered with a subscription of 6 issues for $29 per year or ordered
as a single back issue for $6.95. Order from Gluten-Free Living, P.O.
Box 105, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706.

Our Houston chapter is collaborating with Cynthia Kupper, R.D. of GIG;
Ann Whelan, editor of Gluten-Free Living; Lynn Samuel, LPN, who has both
CD and diabetes type 1; Sara Jones, Board member of the Houston chapter
who has both diseases; and Janet Rinehart, chairman of Houston
Celiac-Sprue Support Group, on a project to get material about both
diseases, including coping strategies, out to the community of people
with celiac disease in conjunction with both types of diabetes, who need
specific dietary management skills.

We intend that the article in Gluten-Free Living will be expanded into a
booklet giving more specific dietary information. Also, we are
developing a questionnaire, analysis of which will provide more dialogue
and demonstrate the needs of this special group. We will be happy to add
your name to our list of over 100 people with both CD and diabetes (if
you have both diseases). The people on this list will be advised of
progress on this project. Please send an E-mail to with your name,
address, and phone number. If you have not already seen a copy of our
Houston chapter issue devoted to material about both diseases, please
let me know and I will send you one.

Janet Rinehart, Chairman Houston Celiac-Sprue Support Group
Celiacs Helping Celiacs