From:
William Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:04:33 -0500

I recieved 4 responses to my question regarding safe ciders:

   "Cidar Jack is gluten free . . . Also we drink Woodpecker and Hard
Core.  From reading labels, Woodchuck
has carmel coloring--we have never checked it out."

   "Woodchuck people got back to my husband via email and told us that
their product could be gf but because they buy other spices from other
suppliers they could not say that the cider is gf for sure."

   "I drink Hornsby's Amber Hard Cider.  I saw a post once saying not to
drink the 'Draft' type.  I have diabetes, DH , CD and was just diagnosed
with psoriasis which is related to a defective immune system.  I get
along great and don't ,breakout, which happens if I ingest gluten."

   "It is my personal opinion and experience that Woodchuck, Woodpecker,
and Hard Core (my personal favorite) are all GF!  Enjoy!"

   On my own note, a search of the archives listed Hornsby's as NOT
gluten free.

   Also, I tried Cider Jack, and was surprised at how much like a beer
it tasted.  I could have sworn it was a malted beverage, but it isn't.
A true find!!

Bill Kane
Illinois, USA