From:
geri/mapleleaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 10:41:00 PDT

Kristine Renee Penner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In addition to the suggestion to allow the bread to cool first before
>sealing (which is a great suggestion) we have also found that storing the
>bread in the freezer prevents drying out, wheeras the refrigerator tends
>to increase drying out.  Heating in the microwave and/or toasting brings
>the bread to a delicious moist (and slightly toasted if you toast it)
>state. good luck!

Recently several friends, all non-celiacs, helped me move.  The person who
made herself in charge of moving foodstuffs from the old refrigerator to the
new refrigerator tossed my GF bread and my SO's regular bread into the
freezer at the new place.  When i went looking for my bread later, I asked
her what she'd done with it.  She said, in a very suprised tone "in the
freezer".  I said "what for?".  She said, "because that's where bread goes,
so it doesn't go stale".  I looked at her strangely, never having heard this
before, but several other people immediately agreed with her.  I guess
there's something to this freezer business.

geri
vancouver, bc, canada