From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:10:37 PST

Thanks to Karen for sending the website that several people sent me.
This explains what you can and can't claim.

For the most part people said that you can claim only the difference in
wheat flour and gf flour. Although acouple dissagreed and said that you
can claim all things. However things like xanthan gum that you would
only use in gf cooking could be deducted at the total cost.

Also for the most part people didn't think I could claim the bread
machine and pasta maker if they could be used for wheat products as
well. But advised that I talk to my tax person.

I was advised to keep all receipts and have a doctors note saying I am a
diagnosed Celiac. Also my medical expenses (which is what this is
catagorized as) would have to equal 7.5% of my income. Since I was
diagnosed only in August, I doubt I will even come close.

Thanks for everything
As always,
Sheryl Tingley
Auburn, WA