From:
K. Latus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:43:09 EST

Dear Listmembers, There was a recent post stating that someone had called
Archway and they had stated that their coconut macaroon cookies are GF.  I,
too, called about these about a year ago and dropped them from my diet.  As
the new TCCSG's Shopping Guide states:  "Archway Cookies, Inc.  Coconut
Macaroon cookies are GF- however, manufactured on same equipment as other
varieties with no significant down procedure between."  This is always an
important question that I ask when I call to see if a product is GF.  While
the ingredients may be GF, the manufacturing enviornment may not safe for us.

  The address for the guide is:  TCCSSG, 34638 Beechwood Street, Farmington
Hills, MI  48335.  The cost is $10.

  Please make your own choice on this, I am not urging you in either
direction.  I would appreciate it if no one posts me that they eat these and
have no ill effects as some people are more sensitive to gluten than others.

Thank you.

  Happy Holidays to all!  Karen from NY