From:
Esme Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Esme Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:07:39 -0500

Hello all,

First let me say thank you to all the responses I received about
eating at burger places such as Red Robin, Cheeburger, etc... I got
wonderful advice and insight from all of you eating at these places.
The general consensus is that while most of these places can do a GF
burger, GF fries are hit or miss -- each location needs to be checked
out.

We just got back from Red Robin and it was great. We were with
friends who have a child with a peanut allergy so our choices of
restaurants where both kids could eat was limited.

I called Red Robin the other day to check on the possibility of GF
food and felt confident enough between their answers and your emails
to go there. When we arrived I asked to speak with someone in charge
of food because I had a child with special eating needs. The manager
immediately came to our table. She reiterated the info from the phone
call about the burger being GF and being cooked on a grill where only
protein is cooked.

She then offered the info that while some Red Robins cook the fries
in dedicated oil, at that one they do cook onion rings in the same
oil sometimes so she recommended not having them. I appreciated the
honesty and her understanding of the contamination issue. At the same
time -- and I've never had this happen -- she offered to go to a
nearby Chick Fil A  and buy us fries there where they are cooked in a
dedicated fryer! I declined only because we had stopped to get other
fries as a back up, but it was so kind. They also steamed my son a
bowl of white rice which he loves.

It was fun, he loved the burger and the service. We will go back.

Esme in Maryland

*******
*******