From:
Christina Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:12:36 -0500

Hi,
First off let me say that me and my 15 year old have been Gluten Free for
almost a year and what a difference it has made. My son was suffering from
thriving issues and has grown 4+ inches and gained almost 9 pounds!!! The
problem lies with my older son. He is 18 and has struggled the past year
with depression and anxiety. He was diagnosed manic/depressive and adhd, but
I know the adhd is wrong. He's been on the meds for months and we aren't
seeing a difference. He is still down plus he is lethargic and fatigued all
the time. My husband started doing research and is convinced that he (
son)   is Celiac. He told me that Celiac can disguise itself as depression
and can go untreated for years. I too am on anti depressants and am
wondering if all this should be stopped. Has anyone else gone through
something like this? We have an appointment today with his psychiatrist to
discuss this and a regular Dr tomorrow to start the Celiac testing process.
I will summarize.
Christina in Orlando