Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:41:13 +0000

Hi everyone,

I noticed that Ann in Flordia was looking for a good celiac doc, and recently said she had only received one response. I actually also sent her a response, to her personal e-mail, but apparently she didn't receive it. I am copying the e-mail I sent her below, as there may be others in the northeast Florida area looking for a physician. BTW, I have no affiliation with Dr. Corregidor, other than as the very satisfied spouse of a patient!  :)

"Hi Ann,

I saw on the Celiac listserve that you are looking for a good physician who
understands CD. If you are willing to travel a bit, I can highly recommend Dr.
Ana Corregidor in Jacksonville (she has an office in the new Baptist South
Hospital right off of I-95 - coming north from Orlando it's about a 2 hour
drive). She is at the Borland Groover Clinic at Baptist South. Her office number
is 904-398-7205, but you have to specify that you want to be seen at the Baptist
South location as she has several offices throughout Jacksonville.

My husband was misdiagnosed for years by other docs as having IBS. When things
started to get REALLY bad just over a year ago (unremitting nausea, bloating,
and scariest of all, weight loss and rectal bleeding) he insisted on a referral
to a GI doc. He was sent to Ana, who took some history, examined him, and
immediately said "I think you have Celiac Disease." He had never heard of it,
and I only vaguely remembered learning about it in nursing school.

She did bloodwork (TTGs were off the charts - something like 1500) and upper and
lower GI scopes with biopsies.  But she didn't have to wait for the biopsy
results - after the scopes she said the villi in his small intestine were nearly
completely flattened and destroyed, the worst case she had seen, so she was
confident it was CD.  Just over one GF year later, he's regained the weight and
feels better than he can ever remember (except for the occasional accidental
glutening).

Ana sees my husband every 3 months, always takes as much time as needed out of
her extremely busy schedule to answer questions, and is just generally a very
knowledgable, caring and concerned person. I know it's a drive for you and your
husband, but if you can't find someone in the Lake Mary area, think about giving
her a try.

Good luck!

Beth Jay (and husband Kevin)"