From:
eddie sisson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:09:50 -0500

I have an exchange student from Sweden staying with my family this year
and he is celiac.  He was surprised to find out that McDonalds doesn't
offer the option of gluten-free hamburger buns here as they do in
Sweden.  I just about fell out of my chair.  They have a gluten-free
line in the school cafeteria, most bakeries offer gluten-free
confections, and you can find gluten-free baked goods or products in
every grocery store.  And the McDonalds' gluten-free buns....they're
soft and better than anything I've served him yet.  If I could find more
than three celiacs in my town, I'd boycot our McDonalds.  Anyway, I
thought everyone would find that interesting.  It's also comforting to
know that we could travel to at least one country without getting ill.