From:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:47:22 -0400

All this time, I've thought that all Smucker's products fully
disclosed gluten ingredients.  Apparently, I was incorrect, and am
passing along this statement from the company regarding the fact that
they have not, until just recently, been requiring their suppliers to
provide information about gluten beyond wheat alone.  (YIKES!  I've
been eating Smucker's jams and jellies forever, thinking they were
most certainly safe.  Perhaps they are, but the point is, we cannot
be sure at this time.)

I might add that, if one googles "gluten-free" and "Smucker's" that
there are statements all over the internet that Smucker's jams and
jellies ARE, in fact, GF.  An example from the always very
trustworthy Clan Thompson site: "Smucker's Jam (all flavors):
Manufactured by Smuckers. Gluten free: Yes. Vegetarian: Yes.
Verified: 11/10/05. "

I am in complete shock at the statement I received back on my
inquiry, which happened to be regarding the R.W. Knudsen juice line.
But it sounds to me like this statement is in regard to all Smucker's
products.  If anyone has reliable and RECENT information to the
contrary, I will post back to the list in a summary.