From:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2010 11:12:16 -0700

Hi Listmates:

Before I summarize, I just want to thank all those wonderful people who took the time to respond to my email.  A special thanks goes to the Washington DC Celiac Support Group.  As my granddaughter would say, "You rock!"

Following is the DC support group website:

http://dcceliacs.typepad.com/washington_dc_celiac_supp/favorite-restaurants.html

The restaurants recommended are:

Alladin's Eatery Shirlington Village: print their GF menu from the
website as they do not seem to have it on site
4404 S. 28th Street
Arlington, VA 22206 (703) 894-4401 http://www.aladdinseatery.com
4245
 N. Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA 22203 (703) 528-0078 http://www.aladdinseatery.com

There
 are lots of Baja Fresh
locations - check their website; they have a GF listing but I have also attached it here. Note the chips are fried in oil with breaded
 things and therefore not safe www.bajafresh.com

Bertucci's has a
 GF menu now - i have heard mixed things about some of the MD locations
and would print the GF menu and bring it with you
Bertucci's Brick
Oven Restaurant 2800 Clarendon Blvd Arlington, VA 22201 http://www.bertuccis.com

Carlyle
 Grand Cafe
this chain has a great "low GF" menu - which is really a
GF menu - worth traveling for - would be a short cab ride away in a
complex with movie theatre, etc etc
4000 South 28th Street Arlington,
 Virginia 22206 (703) 931-0777 http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/gar

*
 Delhi Dhaba
2424 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA (703) 524-0008 www.delhidhaba.com
Butter chicken, palak
paneer

* Hard Times
 Cafe
3028 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22201 703-528-2233 www.hardtimes.com
Cincinnati,
vegetarian chili

Jaleo 2250A Crystal Drive Arlington, VA (703) 413-8181 www.jaleo.com
tapas - has GF menu

Lebanese
 Taverna - middle eastern, Has GF menu
* 5900 Washington Boulevard,
Arlington, VA, 22205 (703) 241-8681 http://www.lebanesetaverna.com
Pentagon Row --1101
South Joyce Street, Arlington, VA, 22202 (703) 415-8681 http://www.lebanesetaverna.com

Legal
 Seafood
2301 Jefferson Davis Hwy Arlington, VA 22202 703.415.1200 www.legalseafoods.com
Has
 a GF menu

*  Lost Dog Cafe
 5876 Washington Blvd Arlington,
VA 22205 703-237-1552 http://www.lostdogcafe.com/
GF
 Pizza using the "Still Riding Pizza" Crust.
 2920 Columbia Pike
Arlington, VA 22204 703-553-7770

McCormick & Schmick's
Seafood Restaurant
2010 Crystal Drive Arlington (Crystal City), Virginia
22202 (703) 413-6400 http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com

Melting Pot Restaurant
1110 N. Glebe Road Arlington, VA 22201 (703) 243-4490 www.meltingpot.com
fondue (american)

*
 Moby Dick
3000 Washington Blvd (jefferson building) Arlington, VA
22201 703-465-1600 http://www.mobysonline.com/
kabobs
 are great. everything is GF except the bread

* Outback Steakhouse 4821
North First St Arlington VA 22203 (703) 527-0063 www.outback.com
GF menu

* PF
Chang’s China Bistro
901 N. Glebe Road Arlington, VA 22203 (703)
527-0955 www.pfchangs.com
GF
 menu

* Panera
 4238 Wilson Boulevard Arlington, Virginia
22203 (703) 527-8701 http://www.panerabread.com
Salads
 including the salad
dressing: Greek, Fandango,
 Caesar (-croutons), Asian Sesame
 Chicken (-Won Ton noodles), Classic Cafe, Strawberry Poppyseed
(and w Chicken), Fuji Apple Chicken, CA Mission Chicken, Orchard Harvest
 Chicken, BBQ Chopped Chicken. Salad Dressings: Balsamic Vinaigrette,
Caesar, Greek, Poppyseed, Raspberry Vinaigrette, Asian Sesame
Vinaigrette, White Balsamic Vinaigrette, Roasted Garlic & Meyer's
Lemon Vinaigrette, BBQ Ranch. Soups: Low Fat Vegetarian Black Bean, Cuban Black Bean +
Lentil, Vegetarian Roasted
 Red Pepper & Lentil, Vegetarian Butternut Squash, Creamy
Tomato (-croutons), Low-Fat Vegetarian Southwest Tomato & Roasted
Corn, Turkey Chickpea
 Chili, Summer Corn
Chowder, Low-Fat Chicken Tortilla. Drinks: coffee, tea, apple and
 orange juices, all lattes and froz beverages, stawberry smoothie, hot chocolate x

*
 Red, Hot & Blue (BBQ)
1600 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22209 (703)
 276-7427 www.redhotandblue.com
Ribs,
 pulled pork and chicken (wet sauce), BBQ sauce, potato salad, baked beans

Ruth’s
 Chris
2231 Crystal Drive, 11th Floor Arlington, VA 22202 (703)
979-7275 www.ruthschris.com
baked potato, steaks,
salads

* Tandorri Nights Market Commons,
2800 Clarendon Blvd
Arlington VA (703)
248-8333 http://www.tandoorinights.com

*
 Tara Thai
4001 Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA 22203 (703) 908-4999 www.tarathai.com
lettuce wrap, kapow
 with beef, pad thai, chicken with cashew nuts, larb gai

Ted’s Montana
Grill - Has a GF menu
* 4300 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA (703) 741-0661 www.tedsmontanagrill.com
2200
 Crystal Dr Arlington, VA (703)
 416-8337 www.tedsmontanagrill.com Has a GF menu

Looks like anyone traveling to the area will have lots to chose from.  I'm now looking forward to this trip.  Again, thanks to all.

Rita       Rita Malkin    The Gourmet Celiac
 Group  [log in to unmask]