From:
"5PAC(:o)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
5PAC(:o)
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:29:58 -0500

I found this AWESOME recipe from kraft foods for the most AMAZING chocolate "souffle-like" mini-cakes.  They have this gooey chocolate middle - YUM.  I just substituted the reliable Bette Hagman flour mix (rice flour, potato starch & tapioca flour) and they came out INCREDIBLE!  I whipped these up in no time - they are sooooo EASY.

MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES

4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I substituted 4 ounces of Nestle's mini chocolate chips)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 TBSP flour (I substituted the Bette Hagman mix of rice/potato/tapioca)
1 tsp Xanthan Gum

1/2 cup Cool Whip Topping or Whipped Cream

PREHEAT oven to 425.  Butter 4 (3/4 cup) custard or souffle dishes.  (I used 5 ramekins).   Place on baking sheet.

MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large bowl on high 1 minute or until butter is melted.  Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.  Stir in sugar until well blended.  Whisk in eggs and egg yolks.  Stir in flour and xanthan gum.  Divide batter between prepared custard cups.

BAKE 13 to 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft.  Let stand 1 minute.  Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen and invert cakes onto dessert dishes.  (Or serve in ramekins).  Top with whipped topping and serve immediately.

MAKES 8 servings - 1/2 mini-cake each or 4-5 servings of 1 mini-cake each (I don't like to share my dessert!)

NOTE:  Batter can be made a day ahead.  Pour into prepared custard cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.  Bake as directed.