From:
Rebecca Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 06:01:43 -0700

I wanted to let everyone know that a little effort to
contact the medical editor of our local paper and
suggest an article on celiac disease, and a little
more efforts to be interviewed paid off big benefits.

After the article ran, I literally spent an entire day
on the phone fielding calls about celiac.  Several
persons had been diagnosed for many years and some
even decades,  and they had never meet another person
with celiac.  Other calls were from persons who had
many of the signs and symptoms of celiac, but had
never been tested for it.  I'd like to think that that
one small article spread a lot of awareness.  Thanks
to my friend Ann and fellow celiac for agreeing to be
interviewed with me and also to Dr. Fine for talking
with the medical editor and getting the facts across.

I'd encourage any celiac group, no matter how small,
to contact their local newspaper and suggest an
article on celiac disease.

 If you'd like to read the article it can be found at

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/050202/med_0502020048.shtml

Thanks,

Rebecca Holland
Leader, Lubbock Celiac Group