From:
Nadia Chychota <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:11:15 -0800

I just received the mailing from the company confirming the gluten
content in tylenol products. this is a U.S. listing, and was written Dec
14, 2000.

"These products have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of
gluten."

Children's Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol PM Gelcaps
Immodium AD Caplets
Infants Tylenol Cherry Concentrated Drops
Lactaid Ultra Caplets
Lactaid Original Strength Caplets
Maximum Strength Tylenol Allergy Sinus Caplets
Motrin IB Tablets
Motrin IB Caplets
Multi-Symptom Tylenol Cold Tablets
Sesame Street Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol Arthritis Pain Extended Relief Caplets

"For the remainder of McNeil's products: Glutens are naturally-occurring
proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley and oats, but are
not found in corn. The source of the starch in this formulation is corn.
Other inactive ingredients may be derived from a source other than
corn."

"We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our
products according to package label directions with a worsening of
symptoms in patients with celiac disease."