From:
Nicholas Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 10:52:09 +0100

Hi there all.  I have a question around anxiety and depression with
Celiac disease.  Although tested negative for celiac i've found that
removing gluten from my diet improves my 'IBS' symptoms.  However, the
Doctor wants to treat me for depression and has put me on some
anti-depressants.  I'm just not sure whether to take these or not. I'm
just getting my insides sorted out and now i'm going to introduce
something else to my insides.  I've already taken 1 dose and the side
effects were horrible. However I gather these are likely to dissipate.

On the gf diet i'm much better, even after only 2 weeks. Have others had
depression which has gone since they went gf ?  How long did it take for
things to pick up ? I don't want to take medication for the sake of it,
however i don't know whether the depression can be attributed to gluten
or not.

Any advice or thoughts would be welcome.

thanks

Nick