From:
James Moline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:02:01 -0600

Dear List Friends,

Here I am again, I am sorry if I become a bother but you are the only
ones I have to ask what to do to. Remember me, I am 50 and have been
quite ill for quite some time.  I asked about testing vs. not testing.
You were all so kind.  I would tell you that most of you said *not* to
test.  Only a few sent me responses telling me to test.  Hope that does
not offend anyone.  As for me, providencially, the answer came forth
without me having to really decided.

To refresh your memory I have had trouble with bloating when eating for
as long as I can remember. Now I have a miriade of allergies, Corn,
dairy, eggs, soy, rice, potatos, all fruits and any sugars or anything
with a sweetener or sugar in it, peas, brocolli, lettuce, cabbage,
beans, etc. and etc.  My intestines swell up almost every time I eat
anything.  I have thought that if I could find a drink that would
sustain me it would give my intestines time to heal.  But, everything I
read has things I can not have.  I tried a drink called "The Ultimate
Meal" yesterday and it swelled me up terribly bad!  What do people like
me do?

I stopped eating gluten (as best as I could find it) about a month ago
after my daughter posted my symptoms in a Christian list where a Dr.
answered questions.  He sent me an e-mail saying *Celiac*!  I had never
heard of it.  I have been so sick that when I read what I did on the
many sites that I found on the topic I immediately stopped eating
gluten.  The swelling in my intestines went down within a few days, but
it swells again when eating things like that drink.  It said gluten free
and had vitamins, brown rice proten, raw flax seed meal, Quinoa etc. and
etc.

I had been taking a digestive enzyme and HCL for quite some time and
found the digestive enzyme had maltase in it from barley malt!!  Stopped
 that and switched to one from Metagenics called Azeo-Pangen.  The lady
that I get it from said she called and it is gluten free.  The HCL is
from Trace Elements and says it has betaine, pepsin, ox bile, celulose,
stearic-acid, vanilla bean extract, magnesium stearate, silica.

I tried a multi vitamin and a stress B that were from Bluebonnet that
said gluten free but they gave me terrible muscle spasms and cramps.

Many may say, see a Dr. but to tell you the truth I have lost confidence
in so many that I am not eager to run to one that is going to tell me to
tested.  Well, we were switching our insurance companies when celiac
came into my life. We have a $500.00 deductible that begins again for
all testing in January.  We do not have the $500.00 in the first place,
as I have about bankrupted my poor husband with Dr.s bills, trying this
and trying that and moving here because of being sick of this and moving
there because of being sick of that.  We now have a house that he has
built me that I am not allergic to.  I am very chemically sensitive.  I
have asked my sister if we can borrow the $500.00 to go see a Dr. in
January but have not heard from her yet.  I do not plan on gonig back on
gluten for any testing.  I tried it and it doubled me over.  I am
already having problems trying to figure out what to eat because my
intestines are so damaged and now I have so many food allergies.  We can
hardly afford to buy food for me, less suppliments etc.

Please do not misunderstand any of this, I am explaining all of this to
ask some of you what to eat.  The Lord is my provider, He sustains me!
He leads me forth day by day and I dare not chaf against his will for
me.  Wise I must be so I am asking those that have gone before me for
any suggestions of foods, digestive aids or possibly a drink that I
could have that would allow my intestines to heal. Our insurance is not
very good and costs us $365.00 a month but if we had a heart attach it
would keep us from going under.  The in patient deductible is $7500.00
so I am not speedy to have a Dr. put me in a hospital while they figure
out what I can eat.

Thanks for the help.

Pilgrim South

Sower's Seed