From:
"Powell, Sandy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 20:45:28 -0600

I have taken this recipe for dressing to all of the family functions
during the holidays and I am lucky to get some.  They usually prefer
this to the traditional.  I hope you like it.

Egg Bread
2 eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
2 cups (approximately) fine meal

Beat eggs well; add milk and water; mix well; add salt and baking soda.
Gradually add meal to make a thick batter.  Pour into greased cast iron
skillet.  Bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour or so.

Dressing
egg bread
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 stick butter or margarine
3 eggs, well beaten
2 boiled eggs, chopped
chicken or turkey broth

Combine all ingredients except eggs and broth.  Gradually add broth as
you mix.  Should be moist.  Add beaten eggs and mix well.  Add boiled
eggs and mix well.  Cook in a slow oven of about 300 degrees for 1 hour
or so until golden brown.

Sandy Powell