From:
Suzn Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzn Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:23:56 -0500

I asked if anyone had purchased the kit for testing the blood from the
finger prick at York Nutritional Laboratories. I also asked if you were
satisfied with the results and if your insurance paid for it. The summary
is below:

I had 27 responses. 9 that answered the original questions

8 out of office replies (somewhat annoying!)
5 requests to summarize (should have mentioned it in my question)
5 other suggestions or possible causes for my continuing illness (some were
very helpful suggestions - thank you)

7 people had sent for the test and were very happy with the results

Additional comments from those 7 included:
still had other allergies that had to be determined by elimination diet
very helpful - also sent 40 page guidebook to apply test results
very useful
helpful but pricey
customer support at York was very helpful

1 person who had the tests was NOT happy with the results

Other comments:
demanded refund and got it after 120 days

1 person wrote that her allergist said he could not support the test
because there was no clinical support

No one said they were able to get insurance to pay for it. One person did
say that although they paid the full price for the testing at York, it was
still cheaper than their percentage of what they paid for other tests that
insurance did cover.