From:
Eena Beena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:24:41 EST

I found this interesting and thought it might be worth sending to the list. I
have no personal intersest in MenuDirect (TM) Corp.

MenuDirect(TM) Corporation Launches Website to Aid Individuals with Special
Dietary Needs

People Living on Medically Restricted Diets Can Now Turn

to www.menudirect.com for Information and Support

 PISCATAWAY, N.J., Nov. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- MenuDirect Corporation today
announced the launch of its internet site at www.menudirect.com, an online
resource for individuals living on medically restricted diets.  In addition to
learning more about MenuDirect's lines of personalized, direct-to-home meal
solutions, visitors to the site can access additional information and link to
other online resources germane to their conditions.

"MenuDirect bases its product development on solid medical and nutritional
research," said Alfred Poe, the company's CEO.  "We took the same approach in
our website development, conducting extensive research to offer appropriate
and useful Internet links for people with gluten intolerance, wheat allergies,
and swallowing disorders.  Soon we will be adding additional resources
specifically for people with diabetes."

"This website was intentionally designed as an information resource for people
with special dietary needs," said Andy Wertheim, vice president, sales and
marketing.  "Not only can visitors browse through our selection of condition-
appropriate menu items, they can now use the MenuDirect site as a portal to
practical information on complying with doctors' directives and managing their
conditions."

MenuDirect, based in Piscataway, New Jersey, is the premier provider of home-
based nutritional services to people on medically restricted diets.  The
company was founded in 1992 by Carl Randall, chairman of the board, and Lou
Cooperhouse, the company's president and COO.

In 1996, MenuDirect introduced its first product line, a wide selection of
consistency-modified entrees and deserts designed specifically for customers
experiencing chewing or swallowing difficulties, a condition known as
dysphagia.  Recently the company launched its line of gluten-free products
consisting of entrees, individual pizzas and more.  In early 1999, MenuDirect
will introduce a line of main meal entrees, snacks and desserts specifically
engineered for people with diabetes.

For more information on MenuDirect, its products or living with restricted
diets, please visit the company's website at www.menudirect.com.