From:
Patricia Lenihan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia Lenihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:58:48 +0000

Hello,
One of the challenging and discouraging elements of the GF diet for me is keeping weight on (am 15 lbs. lighter than when it all started a year ago) .

May I ask, kind listmates, for weight-adding and maintenance tips? We have two children and a busy lifestyle, so admittedly there are days when I simply don't take in enough calories.

What are some quick fixes that you rely on?

I've stayed away from Ensure supplements, for instance, because of the long list of unnatural ingredients, but maybe I ought to get off that high horse?

Have trouble digesting high-fat content. Can't yet absorb much in the way of dairy, either, though aged cheddar cheese, for instance, which has little if any lactose, is flavorful and adds cheese flavor when
needed.

We make bread every week with our Zojirushi & that is good re weight...bread gobbling. But there is just so much GF bread one can eat!

What source of GF nuts do you prefer?
What is your favorite *quick* recipe?
How do you make GF pasta (of which we eat a lot) a little more interesting?
What is your favorite GF dessert?
What supplements do you find crucial?
Any specific weight-maintenance tips that have worked for you?

Thank you very much for your time! Will summarize.
Patricia