From:
Kevin P. Keane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 13:40:52 -0700

        A quick question about the Zojirushi Bread Machine. We've just
purchased one but haven't used it yet. Right now we're using a Regal
Kitchen Pro which does an excellent job on Carol Fenster's (non-
yeast/quickbread) recipe for corn bread, and the reason for buying the
Zojirushi, aside from the increasing age of the Regal, is to do more
quickbread baking.  However, I noticed in reading the Zojirushi's manual
that it's quickbread cycle has a second kneading/mixing period. The
Regal's quickbread cycle simply mixes the quickbread recipe well and
then leaves it alone to rise and bake for an hour and 50 minutes or so.
The Zojirushi has a similar time but includes the second baking.

        Has anyone with a Zojirushi used it for quickbread recipes,
Fenster's corn bread in particular, and if so, with what success? Carol
Fenster has become somewhat skeptical of successfully using her recipe
in some machines but doesn't seem to know how the Zojirushi would do.
For my own part, I'm surprised that it doesn't have a program without a
second kneading cycle for quickbreads.