From:
Wendy Percival <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 09:06:57 EDT

Dear List,

The Wild Oats Community Market in Madison, NJ has agreed to hold a Celiac
Disease Awareness Day on Saturday, May 13, from 12-3 pm.  The store is
located at 220 Main St. (which is also Rt. 124) in Madison, NJ.  The store's
phone is 973-301-0220.

Dr. Peter Green, from the reseach project at Columbia University, will give a
presentation in the early part of the event.  The store has agreed to donate
a portion of the day's profits to the Celiac Disease Research Fund at
Columbia.  Foods by George, The Gluten-Free Pantry, and Pamela's will have
food samples available.  There will be support group leaders and information
available as well.

As some of you may remember, I have been working with the store to carry more
GF items.  While the store's upper management has been supportive, I have had
a harder time working with the dept. managers.  I believe that they need to
see "demand" before they want to work on "supply," so maybe if we have a good
turnout, we can convince them to work with us more.

If you have any questions, please email me, or you can call the store.  The
marketing manager, Jennifer Gibb, is the contact person, and her direct line
is 973-301-6777.  Thank you for your support of this event, and hope to see
you on May 13.

Wendy Percival
Chatham, NJ