From:
JONATHAN W MARTIN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JONATHAN W MARTIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:05:17 -0500

Thank you to many people who took the time to reply to my e-mail. All of your information was exactly what I needed to hear. I thank you so much for explaining the Iga and the fact that if someone is deficit then it will come out negative. I also thank you for reminding me (in my state of denial) that there are many different symptoms a person can have ranging from nothing to severe and that I am not crazy to want to check it out even if she doesn't look too bad off.

Now, should I just continue on with the gluten free diet, and because it seems to have made a diffrenece, just go on with that? Some people have suggested getting the other blood work done and biopsy and others say if the diet works you don't need anything else. With the rising cost of medical testing, it doesn't seem like a bad idea just to go with the diet alone.

I have been on a gluten free diet for 3 years. I really had signs of celiac my whole life (you know how it always is...hind site is better than foresight). It was hard at first but now it is just as normal as anything else. I look at the fact that there are so many worse things that people could have than this...so many things.  I have learned to make so many good foods that I don't feel a bit deprived. I know it will probably help my daughter a lot to already know what I can and can't have and for her to see how many good things I can make.

Thank you all for your help.

Jennifer