From:
harrell reaves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:44:02 -0500

Thanks  for all the response!

It seems that the majority of you safely use corn oil,
vegetable(soybean) oil, sunflower oil, olive oil and cottonseed oil.

The one oil that seemed to be controversial was canola oil.  Some said
they had no problem ingesting canola.  Alot of you said that canola
caused problems.  I have stomach cramps everytime I ingest it.  So for
myself I have found that olive oil, sunflower and cottonseed oil cause
no problems.  I am corn sensitive so corn oil causes me problems, but it
is safe for celiacs.

I am told that canola and rapeseed are the same.

I think it boils down to what your sensitivities are:  some have
problems with corn, others soybeans.  Some with canola.

Oh well!  I'll just stick to olive oil, sunflower or cottonseed.

Hope this has helped someone out there!

Connie in NC