From:
Kerstin Hassib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:39:43 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am the Celiac mother of a 16 month old boy. He's been having some VERY
loose stools lately and the first thing the Pediatrician suggested was
cutting out the milk. We saw some improvement since then, but he still
has some minor diarrhea. I just made another appt. for later today and
was hoping to find some quick suggestions on where to go from here. I'd
like for him to be tested for CD. First I guess would be the blood test,
right? Should I just try to cut out the gluten and see what happens? But
then lab tests wouldn't be accurate anymore.

He is over all very active and healthy by the way. He's always been
light and skinny. Since he's been about 9 months old I guess he has been
on the 10th percentlie for weight, but on 90 for height...So besides the
loose stools there are no signs of him being sick. I am still hoping
that it might be teething or a stubborn stomach virus.

Thanks for your support as always,
Kerstin in Atlanta