From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 21:55:10 -0600

Dear Listmembers,

I have just read the wonderful summary about vitamin malabsorption.  These
list members are the most caring people in the world.  I am wondering how I
can get a hold of a list of what each vitamin does for the body, but more
importantly, what the lack of that vitamin does to the body.  My eight year
old daughter, who was diagnosed with DH and CD showed signs of
malabsorption from the time she was very little.  I remember asking a
pharmacist when she was about two years old, what chapstick I could use on
her and what causes her lips to flake off.  The pharmacist said it could be
a vitamin deficiency  in her body.

Since being diagnosed and finally going completely GF, she has gained
weight quickly and does not usually show signs of malabsorption.  Recently,
she had a bout of symptoms again for about a week, and we have examined her
diet and could only guess that the McDonald's fries or hamburger (meat only
in a box) might have caused her short relapse.  She was showing signs of
very nasty hyper behavior again, lips peeling and hungry all the time and
diarrhea.  Even though I called McDonald's corporate, and got their list of
GF foods (the list looks suspicious to me) I still have a hard time
trusting them after observing this reaction.  Does anyone else have any
similar experiences?

Is there a book on vitamins that will give me the answer I am looking for?
This way, I could load her up on the vitamins she is missing.

Thanks again for all your help with bread recipes and cookie decorations.
I will summarize on another post soon as I am still receiving replies.

Happy healthy holidays to all!

Bev Wahl