From:
Kate Panagia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:18:22 -0800

I recently posted to ask if Betty Crocker Fruit by the
Foot was GF.  I received an equal amount of responses
that it WAS GF and that it was NOT GF so I decided to
call General Mills today.

The customer service person that I spoke with seemed
very knowledgable about gluten.  She stated that wheat
is one of the top allergans and if it is used in the
production or in the "natural flavorings" of any
product, the product will have the statement "This
product contains wheat".  I didn't question her about
barley, rye or oats.

One person also wrote to me that the lines are dusted
with flour to keep the snacks from sticking.  I did
question her about this and she said that is not true.

So - I am going to let my son keep on eating fruit by
the foot (he already finished a box in 2 days) and
hope that General Mills can be trusted.

Best Wishes,
Kate