From:
"L.Shriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 08:51:36 -0500

Hello Everyone,

My name is Lucy Shriver, I own The Gluten Free Kitchen. I have just started
a program to support better food labels. I am collecting names for a
petition. I am going to send the collected names and letters to government
officials, FDA and large manufactures. Please help me accomplish this and
support this cause. My site is located at http://home1.gte.net/lbshri  so
you can read more about it. We deserve to know what we are eating and
labels are so vague it is unreal. I received a letter from one of my
discussion group members last night who had been using Rice Dream. She was
getting sick and called the manufacture and he admitted yes it had gluten.
It was not on the label. If we can get a petition going, showing that a
significant number of people suffer from Celiac Sprue and Dermatitis
Herpetiformis, we can make a difference.

Thank You,
Lucy Shriver
The Gluten Free Kitchen
http://home1.gte.net/lbshri