From:
Barbara Emch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 19:14:53 EST

Hi Everyone,

Brian asked why store bought bread is better than homemade bread and I have
found this is not necessarily true.  I have a very easy and very good bread
that anyone could make if they have a fairly good mixer with dough hooks.
Here it is:

Gluten Free Bread - Barbara Emch

Mix with wisk:
2 cups tapioca starch
2 cups fine rice flour
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 1 T sugar
2 pkgs fast rise yeast

Mix with dough hooks in large bowl:
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 large eggs (warm by putting in bowl of warm water)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice

Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat for several minutes.
Place in two greased loaf pans and allow to rise for at least 1 hour in
slightly warm oven with a pan of warm water.  Remove loaves while oven is
preheated to 350 deg, then bake for about 25 min or until done.  Allow to cool
for a few minutes, then remove from pans and cool on racks.  Cut into slices
and freeze.  Defrost by microwaving or toasting.  May be used for pizza dough
or rolls, but baking time must be shortened.

This bread can also be made into buns.  I use a large spoon that is wet to
spoon the dough into miniature pie pans and these buns are perfect for
hamburgers.   I bake them for approx 15 minutes, slit them in half and freeze
and microwave as needed.  I ordered a Big Mac with no bread, took it home and
microwaved one of my buns and it tasted just like the real thing.

Hope this recipe helps.

Barb from NE Ohio