From:
charlie white <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:23:21 -0500

We went to the co. party Sat night.  I brought some cold sliced pork and
some dressing, there was some salad so I made a ok meal with what I had.
The desserts were out but thats ok, I could have that when I got home.
I want to assure people just starting out that this diet DOES GET EASIER.
At first I would be panic striken to walk into an eating place where I
couldnt eat anything but I have learned to bring my own food or make do with
whats there.  Most of the time people dont notice and dont care what your
eating.  If they question me now I say "I have an allergy to the alpha
gladalin partion of the grain, except for rice or corn"  They say "Oh I
see", if you make it complicated enough they will very quickly lose
interest.  Usually its end of the questions and on with the show.  If theyre
interested Im happy to explain.  One other bright spot is that I enjoy
people even more now because I focus on the company more that the food.
Just realize that it took me 3 yrs. to get to this point so be patient with
yourselves and dont expect to adjust to this diet overnight because it wont
happen.  Maybe some do, I dont know,  but I didnt.  Just keep one thing in
mind - IT DOES GET EASIER.  Keep telling yourself that because its true and
soon that different feeling will go away completely.
Have yourselves a great time and remember IT DOES GET EASIER, MUCH EASIER.

Janet in Maine