Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:58:03 EST

Hi-
I would like to know if anyone out there (dignosed celiac) eats gluten
occasionally without any reaction. Doctors seem to have differing opinions as
to how much is harmful. I KNOW that you may be doing harm to yourself even if
you don't have symptoms, so please don't send any nasty responses.

I also know that there are different degrees of sensitivity. One person may
get very sick and another may not have a reaction at all.

I was diagnosed almost 1 year ago. There have been a few times  I ate gluten
on purpose to see what would happen. Nothing happened. I felt fine.  Does
this happen to anyone else out there? I am just asking because I am curious
about how differently this disease affects people. So, please,  If your going
to send a mean response telling me I am going to get intestinal cancer and
die, don't bother. I am fully aware of the risks.

I will post a summary of any responses I get.

Thanks,
Wendy