From:
Larry Leveen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:45:41 -0800

Well, thankfully the GI I went to see was very ready to listen to me and
agreed that we should do the blood test and biopsy. I pointed out that
being on gluten would be a good idea and he said that was a good point (he
was very interested in what I had to say and said that I taught him a lot,
so thanks to you all!)

The thing is, neither he nor I have any idea how LONG one whould be on
gluten before getting tested. I have been GF for only a month, so I want to
know if I can just have the tests done and expect accurate results. If I
should ingest gluten, how long should I do it for prior to the tests?
Fortunately I dont feel poorly when eating gluten, but if possible, I'd
like to give my body gluten-hiatus it deserves after 3 years of damage.

Your comments on these question are greatly appreciated.

BTW, I will be posting a summary to my previous question re: shouldn't a
relative have CD.

- Larry Leveen

Velorution! The Bike info "freeware" site
http://www.olywa.net/leveen/homepage.html
Now with ISTEA & other bike advocacy issues