From:
La Listener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 14:53:48 -0500

Thank you for all your replies and information.

All replies said that it is GF but warned that it has lactose in it.

One person said
There's something that works better than Fosomax with no side effects...Twin
Lab's TRI-BORON PLUS....It is a cal/ mag supplement with boron and Vit D.  I
took it when I had foot surgery and was off my feet for a year.  Just taking
that my bone density went up from +1.75 to +2.  I am 62 and both the md and
technician were very impressed.  My md is no longer giving Fosomax but is
now
giving Tri-BORON PLUS

One person cautioned that it could cause gas the first time or two  it is
taken.  While a number of people reported its number one side effect –
digestive distress/reflux/esophagus problems.

One person said
Fosamax is GF, however, Dr. Peter Green does not recommend that Fosamax be
given to anyone with celiac disease at least during the first year following
diagnosis. Fosamax prevents the body from reabsorbing (taking calcium) from
the bones. If your body is deficient (does not have enough) then you will
not have any way of correcting this deficiency, which can result in muscle
spasms including the heart muscle. Blood calcium should always be monitored
when an individuals with celiac disease is on Fosamax.

A number of people said that they have been on it for 3 or more years and
that it has been very effective for them in building their bones.

A few people mentioned websites for checking if drugs are GF.  Being new to
all this, I did not know about these and thus was very thankful to have the
web address.
Go to the web site:         www.glutenfreedrugs.com
<http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com>

Thanks again for all the responses.