From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 18:57:36 -0500

I have missed Hidden Valley Ranch dressings since I was diagnosed 4 years
ago.  At that time the company declared that their products were not gluten
free even though they could never identify the ingredient that contained
gluten when I asked for clarification. I usually call the company about 2-3
times a year to see if they have changed the policy.

Today when I called I was told that if wheat, barley, or oats were in the
product in any way it would be clearly identified on the label.  No gluten
is hidden in other miscellaneous ingredients - thus we can trust the labels.
After studying several labels today it appears that the dry ranch dip mix
and the original bottled dressing are in fact gluten free.  I could not get
the rep to verify that fact - just that if it is not on the label it will
not have gluten in it.

This is a turnaround from the usual answers they gave.  I am thrilled about
being able to use these products.  Has anyone out there had this same
answer?  Maybe this changed in January with the new label rules and I just
haven't called in a while.  After all this time I feel a bit leery about
using it again, but in truth I thought it was just a CYA statement in the
past.  Any experiences out there?

Becky in Texas

*******
*******