From:
"Mara E. Levin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 22:01:25 EDT

Dear Friends,

I have been trying to feed my family of 3 with good-tasting, wholesome,
organic, gluten-free, dairy-free meals. We usually shop at two markets per
week: a traditional one for cheap non-food stuff, and an upscale one for
organic and celiac specialty foods. It's going pretty well, but I have a
major problem. We've been spending about $200 per week on groceries! (It
would probably be $250 if I succumbed to the temptation of those mail order
catalogs.) This cannot continue!

I turn to you, my clever friends, for suggestions. Please send me your tips
on eating well for less and I will summarize for us all to share. By the way,
one of us is a teenager, who must be fed thoroughly on demand.

Best wishes,
Mara in MA (eating my way to the poorhouse)