Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:09:05 -0700

Thank you all for responding! I really appreciate
the supportive nature of your responses.

To my husband's great delight Coke is gluten free
and many of you drink it without ill effects.
There was a previous discussion on this topic and
Coke responded.  This is the link for Coke's
response.

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0503A&L=celiac&P=R5937&D=0

With regards to the caramel coloring,there were
many responses indicating that in the U.S. it is
gluten free and and made from corn products as
opposed to wheat products as it is in some other
countries where wheat is much cheaper.

Some other interesting facts to note:

Phosphoric acid tends to take calcium out of the
body. Drinking a lot of colas can contribute to
bone loss.

Dlan Thompson approved list is a reliable source
and will help with shopping.

One person felt the caramel coloring in the Coke
caused diarrhea which resolved when they stopped
drinking it and switched to 7-Up.

One person mentioned the dangers of cross
contamination through the machinery and how
sweeteners used in some drinks can contaminate
other drinks made on the same machinery.

 Delphi CD Forum Support Group:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.

Make a Difference: Tell U.S. Congress to stop hurting our health care! http://www.care2.com/go/z/healthcare