Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:48:12 EST

  Thanks to whoever recommended Matanza's Innlet restaurant which is 17 miles
south of St Augustine, Florida, USA, and 1 mile north of Marineland on highway
A1A.  The wife (Joannie) in the couple that owns the restaurant has cd and has
ensured that all of their soups, sauces, and salad dressings are gf.  Even
though I hadn't called ahead, I was able to have delicious gf french bread and
a great angelhair pasta dish.  This was the first time since diagnosis over a
year ago that I had eaten bread and pasta in a restaurant - what a treat!  If
I had called a day or so ahead, I might have even had pizza.  Their number is
(904) 461-6824.
  Later in our vacation, we stopped in Deland, Florida.  I noticed the Deland
Bakery downtown had a sign that said "Health Breads".  I didn't expect much
but went in.  They had freshly baked bread and buns made from millet and brown
rice.  I am pretty sensitive to gluten dh-wise and don't seem to have trouble
with millet.  The bread was great.
     Barb in Springfield, Ohio, USA