From:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:08:12 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I received quite a few responses to my request for the BEST gf graham crackers.  As usual, there are many different opinions and sincerely appreciate all of them.

Following are the responses:

Kinnikinnick   6
Josefs        9
Outside the Breadbox    2
Grainless Baker        2
Ener G Cinnamon Crackers        1
Tenzo Artisan        1
Celiac Specialties        1

Allergy Grocer Graham Cracker mix        2

Kinnikinnick graham cracker crumbs for cheesecake crust       1

I have copied contact info for the above and comments below.  I will send a follow up email containing the recipes that I received.

Thank you so much for your help.

Barbara
++++++++++++++++

"Kinnikinick has a nice graham cracker and also they sell graham cracker crumbs and i think they are as close as you can get."

"I own  Sunny Valley Wheat Free and we manufacture a large assortment of gluten-free products (our facility is dedicated g/f).

Graham crackers are one of the items we make and they are available through our on-line store (www.sunnyvalleywheatfree.com).  We call them Better Than Grahams (because they are!) and are making them constantly to keep up with the demand - especially now that S'More season is amongst us.

Another good g/f graham cracker that I've had is from Outside the Breadbox in Colorado (www.outsidethebreadbox.com).  I've sampled them on many occasions at various g/f events."

"There are some on the GF Mall site. Taste more like a cookie but will
work for S'more's."

"The vanilla graham cracker from Josef's (Brooklyn) is decent but the ones from www.thegrainlessbaker.com are to die for. However, I'm not sure they are still shipping, they usually suspend that in the summer months. I also love their pre-made sorghum flour pizza crust...almost as good as the real thing.  "

"We use Ener-G cinamon crackers.  Crush them and add some butter.  It's
more chewy than a regular graham cracker crust, but it's good"

"I start with the Allergy Grocer graham cracker mix, use 1/2 molasses instead of just honey (otherwise they are much too pale and bland) and add loads more cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Roll out quite thin if you like them crisp, and use a pizza cutter to get nice, neat squares. Poke a few times with a fork for patterning."

"Jo-sef Graham Crackers went over very well with my newly diagnosed 7 yr old son when we made smores 2 weeks ago.  They are thicker than ordinary grahams but similar in taste and texture.  The downsize is that you only get 18 square crackers  (enough for 9 smores) in a package and it cost $5.59 at the Glutin Free Trading Company in Milwaukee.  I'm still reeling over price differences between GF and ordinary products.  Sigh."

www.Tenzo-Artisan.com

"They are not inexpensive but the Kinnickinnick (sp?) graham crackers
are the only ones I've found that really do taste like the real deal.
You can get them on the web.  Enjoy."

"Have you tried the Graham Crackers from Outside the Breadbox in Colorado Springs? I believe their website is www.outsidethebreadbox.com. You might even check one of your local health food stores to see if they carry them. I know one of our local Health Food Stores carries Outside The Breadbox crackers."

"Allergy Grocer <http://www.allergygrocery.com>
has a Miss Roben's mix for graham crackers, @ $6.99.
I have only used it to make a crust for cheese cake."

"contact celiac specialties in Chesterfield Township, MI - they ship.

www.celiacspecialties.com    "

"I purchased some gluten free products in a deli in New Jersey when I was
visiting my daughter. One of the products she found for me was "Graham
Crackers"!  I really like them.  They are not like a cookie
But almost like a Graham Cracker!  Even the same shape!  The company name is
The Grainless Baker in Ariel, PA 18436.  I don't have an e-mail address but
I did find the phone no:  570-689-9694.  I hope if you call them and are
able to find some in your area that you will get back and let me know how
you like them.

I do not have an investment or interest in this company other than enjoying
their Gluten Free products"

*******
*******