From:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:49:53 -0500

this is the last of the responces.
I got Elaine Gottschall's book, "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" last year,
but felt that her diet was too restrictive.  She recommends specific
carbohydrates, with no grains, potatoes, or sugar.  I recently read the
book for the second time and I decided that I am ready for it.

http://www.scd.freeuk.com/

http://www.scduk.co.uk/recipes.htm

http://www.scdiet.org/default.html
These are three links that explain what I am talking about
D'Adamo who wrote the Blood Type books (www.dadamo.com) put some
oregano, rosemary or thyme on your food to control the bad bacteria...I
tolerate oregano well and I think it keeps my IBS under control.  Thyme is
good for a lot of things but it is strong...do a search on thyme and read
about it.  Meat is the most acid producing food, grains are next...do a
search at www.google.com on acid alkaline and you can find lists of foods
that are acid and alkaline....lots of books on this topic too...browse in
the book section of Health food stores.
Try reading "Nourishing Traditions" for some good ideas. That book (and
the yahoo group that supports it) has been a lifesaver. I learned how
to make good kimchi and kefir (cheap REALLY GOOD probiotics) and
cook good meals. Now everyone thinks we are "gourmet cooks" but we
are also much healthier.
Kimchi with meals was my main healing food, and good broth soups.
Stomachs LOVE broth, which is why in the old days they fed
soup to sick people. I make a big batch at the beginning of the week

Something that helped me more than anything is Lifeway Kefir. I am lactose
intolerant, but there is no lactose in this
My only comment is when I quit eating tomatoes the diarrhea and gas
stopped. I don't know whether you are eating tomatoes, but it is
something to think about.
    I would again like to thank everyone for all your advise.Jeff in BALTO