From:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:20:24 -0600

Many variations....Thanks to eveyone!

here we go....(I hope the numbers don't get all mangled)

Ambrosia. Mix in a large bowl:

one 16 ounce can of chunky pineapple, undrained
8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
one small package instant pistachio pudding
Let these ingredients sit a couple minutes.

Combine one cup shredded coconut and one cup chopped nuts of your choice and add this to above mixture.Blend in 12-16 ounce container softened Cool Whip and one cup mini-marshmallows.Chill two hours.
--------------------------

WATERGATE SALAD
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple and juice
1 (3 oz.) box instant pistachio pudding mix
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
1 c. miniature marshmallows
1 c. chopped nuts

Fold pudding mix into crushed pineapple and add other ingredients. Refrigerate.

ORANGE-FLAVORED WATERGATE SALAD:
2 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges
Use liquid from 1 can only and mash oranges. Use Royal instant butter almond pudding mix. Other ingredients and method same as pistachio. Good, too!
------------------------
PISTACHIO PUDDING DESSERT
1 pistachio instant pudding (regular or sugar free)
1 (16 oz.) crushed pineapple in natural juice
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip (No Substitutes)
1 c. marshmallows

Beat pudding and pineapple together. Fold in Cool Whip and marshmallows.
 ------------------------
Watergate Salad

Twenty two ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
One box (four serving size) instant pistachio pudding mix (dry)
One cup miniature marshmallows
One half cup chopped walnuts
Nine ounce container Cool Whip

Combine pineapple and pudding mix.  Add marshmallows and walnuts.  Fold in Cool Whip.

This recipe doesn't include maraschino cherries, but that sounds good!
-------------------------
I use 1 box of pistachio pudding mix. Stir in 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple. Then stir in 8 oz. carton Cool Whip. I don't add any milk. The juice from the pineapple is sufficient.
-------------------------
PISTACHIO PUDDING SALAD
1 box pistachio pudding
1 (No. 2) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 c. miniature marshmallows
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
1/2 c. pecans or walnuts (optional)

Combine pistachio pudding and pineapple. Add marshmallows, Cool Whip and nut meats. Stir all together. Tastes best if made the day before.
----------------------------
  PISTACHIO PUDDING
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz.)
1 pkg. instant pistachio pudding
1 lg. container Cool Whip
1 c. miniature marshmallows
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 sliced banana
Crushed walnuts
Maraschino cherries

In a bowl, mix can of pineapple (undrained) with package of pistachio pudding. Add Cool Whip, marshmallows, drained oranges and banana. Sprinkle top with crushed walnuts and maraschino cherries.
--------------------------
PISTACHIO PUDDING SALAD
1 sm. pkg. pistachio instant pudding mix
1 (15 oz.) can crushed pineapple
2 c. miniature marshmallows
1/2 c. coconut
1/2 c. chopped nuts
9 oz. carton Cool Whip

Mix all ingredients and cool in refrigerator for approximately 1 hour. Variations: Add cherries or mandarin oranges while keeping or omitting coconut and chopped nuts.
Also check to see if recipe is on the Jello Pistachio Pudding box.