From:
J. Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:01:40 EST

Hello ~

Fortunately for most people, Celiac isn't painful, debilitating, or fatal.
Of course 30 years after your children are born and have grown into adults
you would NEVER imagine not having the children you love.  But this disease
can be very debilitating, with painful bones & muscles, fibromyalgia,
depression, Sjogren's Syndrome, and Dermatomyositis.  The last two are
autoimmune diseases - - just as Celiac is an inherited autoimmune 'problem'.

Not fatal?  Tell me what else you call dying from intestinal cancer as a
victim of undiagnosed Celiac?  My mother-in-law had terrible pain for the
last two months of her life.  Our son has much pain each and every day of his
life.  Fortunately he was diagnosed last year and has been gluten free ever
since.  His PAIN has NOT gone away nor will it ever !  Who knows what his
future holds?

Remember, each individual has his or her own symptoms with Celiac.  Simply
because YOU may just have a stomach ache, gas, or diarrhea doesn't mean that
is how ALL Celiacs are affected.  Consider yourself lucky.

Jude
WA   USA