From:
Chris Spreitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:05:03 PDT

Hi Everybody
My kids gobbled this up for breakfast in record time.  So if you have the
time and energy here's a yummy MOIST coffeecake that's perfect for summer
(it stayed moist too).  This is an adaptation of a recipe that appeared in
Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts, page 61.

Nutty Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake

1 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sourcream
1 tsp gf vanilla extract
zest of two medium lemons
juice of one lemon
2 1/2 cups gf flour mix (I used GF Pantry's French Bread/Pizza Mix)
1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries

TOPPING
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well
after each addition.  In another bowl, mix sourcream, vanilla, lemon zest
and lemon juice.  Combine gf flour mix, xanthan gum, baking powder, soda,
and salt.  Alternately add flour mixture and sourcream mixture to creamed
mixture, about a third of each at a time.  Stir in blueberries.  Dough will
be fairly stiff.  Spread half in a greased 9"x13"x2" glass baking pan.
Combine topping ingredients, sprinkle half of topping mixture over dough.
Carefully spread remaining dough on top of topping.  Sprinkle with
remainder of topping.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests
done.  Yield 16-20 servings.