From:
Gina Jacquier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gina Jacquier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 06:08:32 -0700

Thank you to all who responded. We are traveling to the Seattle area this summer with our teenage son who has celiac, and were looking for suggestions of restaurants, stores and places to stay.

The #1 recommendation was the Da Vinci Bakery and CafeDa Vinci Bakery & Cafe
 10003 Greenwood Ave.  N.
North  Seattle.

  Monday  thru Friday 6am  to 3pm,
  Sat  / Sunday 7am  to 3:00pm.
  Open  every day until 7pm  for light dinners and desserts.
  Phone is  206-782-5735.
[log in to unmask]     Their website is  www.wheatlessinseattle.com
The menu includes  entrées, salads, sides, hors d’oeurves and desserts.
The owner, Kaili, makes  everything from scratch and uses only gluten-free flours in her kitchen (She has  Celiac). The restaurant is cafeteria-style, very informal and fine for kids (My  friend took her four young children and no one blinked an eye).
  There are freezers filled with foods so you can take  something home, or you can call ahead if you have a special request.  She does box lunches, custom cakes, and  catering too. You can also purchase some of Kaili's foods at Manna Mills Natural  Foods, 21705  66th Ave W,  Mountlake  Terrace,  425-775-3479.

other Restaurants:
Sand Point Grill  (in the University District)
Sterling Cafe (in the University District) -  uses fresh, organic ingredients
Cafe Flora Wild Ginger
World Wraps - fast-food, has a special-order bowl  with rice, black beans & avocado & some other items
Flying  Apron
Outback Steakhouse
  PF Changs
Red  Robin for hamburger or cheeseburger without the bun, and the french fries are  GF.
Moragote Thai restaurant in   Renton , south of   Seattle

The only recommendation for lodging was Tucker House http://www.tuckerhouse.com/ in Friday Harbor, where the owner had made gf cookies and a great gf breakfast.

Finally, two people recommended that we go to Pikes Place Market in Seattle to buy fresh seafood if we had a way to prepare it.

Thanks again! Gina