From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:18:07 -0500

From Bette Hagman the Gluten Free Gourmet

I am still speechless so all I can say is a million thanks to all you
kind writers who helped to fill my mail bag at the annual conference
held in Winston-Salem in June. I hope you heard it was an overwhelming
surprise to me. Thanks and thanks again.

          Bette Hagman

The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) held a special Bette Hagman
recognition at the GIG Annual Education Conference in Winston Salem, NC
on June 22, 2002. GIG managed to keep this a secret from Bette, and
included her daughter and son-in-law (from Colorado) at the special
luncheon. Bette was given a mail bag (made by Adele Fosser) full of
cards and letters from many of her friends in the Celiac Community, plus
other gifts. A gift (from GIG) was a special pin of Bette's owl logo
made in gold with diamond eyes; another was an apron (from Janet
Rinehart) that said 'Hail to the Chef'. Bette was truly surprised and
everyone so enjoyed seeing her caught off guard.

If you missed getting a card to Bette, you may still send one to the
Gluten Intolerance Group office with a notation Bette Hagman mailbag and
GIG will see that it is delivered to Bette.

Gluten Intolerance Group
15110 10th Ave SW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98166-1820

Submitted by