Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 09:15:36 -0400

First of all, apologies to those of you for whom this posting has no
significance; there is, I'm afraid, only one list.

Bearing in mind that the celiac list archives are available, I am not going to
rehash old arguments, but would like to ask what is essentially a new
question.

The last word I recall on the matter was that, after all the suggestions re
substitutes for the wheaten hosts were in, and useful ideas were promulgated
about the 'mechanics' of using substitutes, it was reported that someone high
up in the Church's hierarchy had declared that the presence of gluten was
essential to make the host a valid medium for transubstantiation--or something
along those lines.

My question: has there been any movement or attempts to clarify this situation
since the previous discussion?

                thank you!

                John