From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 07:25:03 -0600

> Do you know that much about Kinninick Foods?
> Sorry for the spelling.  I recently received a list of their GF
>products and it's incredible that they carry everything from TV
>dinners to freshly baked rolls etc.  Have you ever tried their
>products?  If so would you let me know what you think of their
>products.  Thanks alot!

Joanne had asked me about Kinnikinnick Foods here in Edmonton and I thought
the rest of the list might like to know more about them and their
address/phone number so here it is;

Kinnikinnick Foods
9857 - 76 Ave
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6E 1K6
Phone  403 - 433 - 4023

They also have a 1-800 number I posted some months ago but it is only good
for Canada.  At least at that time it was.

Coincidentaly, yesterday I picked up my order of GF baked goods.  I order
them one day in advance and they freshly bake them, slice the bread and
package it.  I buy their tapioca bread, hot dog buns, dinner buns, and
hamburger buns and find they are closest to wheat bread of old
(pre-diagnosis).  I also buy their pizza shells, excellent dinner for last
night.  I have bought the pizza pockets for my 3 yr old for day care
lunches, cheese sticks, bread sticks, flours (rice, potato, tapioca, etc).
I just bring it home freeze it and take it out as necessary.  A little nuke
in the microwave brings the "bounce" back into the bread/buns and they're
just as fresh as when I picked them up.  I have a second fridge that I keep
ice-cream pails of the different flours in, as well as a mixture of flours I
use for cookies, pancakes, waffles, etc.

One thing I must say is that they are a totally GF shop.  Nothing in the
store is not classified GF and the owner (who is also the baker) is very
knowledgable about Celiac disease and GF aspect of the diet.  He does the
local chapters cooking for their annual GF dinner and he is having a BBQ for
celiacs August 25 just before he takes a well-deserved holiday.

He does carry the other items you mention but I haven't tried them as I try
to do as much of the cooking from scratch as I can, due to costs.  He does
have his own line of pre-mixed cake, cookie, buns, bread mixes but I haven't
tried them. On a number of his own product lines he also donates, I think
$.50, to the local chapter, for each box/pkg purchased.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada