From:
Mary Blymire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:22:19 -0700

Good Day to You,

I think I've got "checking the archives" down now. But, I can't find
anything about Pamela's g-f mixes as to whether anyone has ever had a
reaction to any of them. I recently used Pamela's Wheat-Free Gluten-Free
Gourmet Pancake & Baking Mix made with rice flour. I used her recipe on
the package for choc. chip cookies (w/o nuts) and am (relatively) sure
all the other ingredients as well as everything else I ate for the previous
two days was g-f.

I even checked the "minimally processed" GoldStar chicken parts which is
Giant Food chain's own packaged chicken parts. The supplier of this chicken,
"Mountaire" (Doug Johnson 1-800-599-8263 X398) assured me that they use no
gluten products, no additives and no preservatives.  I also looked into
Knouse Foods which is in my area known as Musselman's and Lucky Leaf
applesauces, fruits, pie fillings, etc.  Phyllis Warner at Knouse
(717)677-8181) assured me that all their products are gluten-free with the
exception of their cinnamon applesauce which has wheat in it to bind the
cinnamon to the applesauce!  (my goodness, it gets around, doesn't it?)

Can anyone comment on reactions relative to Pamela's flour mixes?  Unless I
now have a problem with chicken in general, I'm at a loss.  If it was the
Pamela's, would you think 3 cookies on Sat. and 3 on Sun. could give me
that reaction that is the "voodoo that I do so well?"  This is unfortunate
mistake #3 since April 13th.  Moving on ...   By the way, I am also doing
lactose-free except for regular yogurt.

Thanks, again.

Mary B.

                "Cooperation + Tolerance = Peace"