From:
John Etchison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 18:03:24 -0400

The physician who has been treating me for Celiac examines my
lymph nodes during my regular examination every six to eight weeks.
I have frequent bouts with inflammation of joints and swelling of lymph
glands. He has kept me on a low dosage of Prednisone, and tells
me to increase the dosage at the first sign of infection. This is usually
quite effective.

While discussing diet once, he recommended that I include gelatin
on a daily basis. He showed me a gelatin dessert he had in the
refrigerator in his office and told me it contains polysaccharides,
which can help boost the immune system. This was one of the
fruit flavored gelatins with bits of fruit mixed in, available in most
supermarkets.

I have followed his recommendation and I can't say I have noticed
the health benefits (I take his word for it though) but neither have
I noticed any ill effects. I have found that it makes a nice alternative
for dessert or snack. Recently though there has been some talk
about just how gluten-free these desserts are. All I know is that there
are a lot of additives, preservatives, artificial colorings, etc. listed
in the ingredients.

I would appreciate any information about the ingredients and also
just how polysaccharides affect or enhance the immune system and
cell production.

Thank you,
John