From:
Kemp Randolph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 07:10:43 -0400

"V. Jones" <[log in to unmask]> said:

>>Again, the test requires being on gluten.  If you are already diagnosed,
>>and know you are Celiac, you don't need it, but
>>you may have children or relatives you want tested with the tTG. Vicki

All this flurry of the transglutaminase test, a test first reported in
1996. For diagnosis, yes, you must be eating gluten. But, I think it will
also test adherence to the diet, dietary monitoring. The hope would then
be that it will be more sensitive for that than the other antibody tests
which only reveal serious dietary lapses.

It's possible that in the just finishing U. of Md. study, one with both
diagnosed and undiagnosed sections, that the first definitive measurements
of norms for diagnosis and monitoring for this test were established and
are being published.  I know they haven't sent individual results back on
this iTg if they also did this, just the gliadin and EmA results, but that
would be standard protocol for research.

            Kemp Randolph
--          Long Island
"Kemp Randolph" <[log in to unmask]>